MMA Betting Rules
General betting rules apply to Mixed Martial Arts betting. In addition the following rules are specific to betting on boxing and MMA.
- In the event that a Boxing / MMA match is postponed, bets have 'action' as long as the match is rescheduled to take place within 30 days of the original fight date.
- All bets on Boxing / MMA have 'action' once the bell is sounded signifying the start of the opening round.
- Where a fighter fails to answer the bell for the next round, his opponent will be deemed to have won the contest in the previous round. If for any reason a decision is awarded before the full number of rounds is completed, bets will be settled on the round in which the fight was stopped.
- Bets that nominate 'to win on points' will only be deemed winners if the full number of rounds is completed.
- In the event of a draw in a Boxing / MMA match, in match betting where the draw was available as one of the options to bet on, bets on the draw are paid as wins while bets on either fighter lose, but if a draw was not available to bet on, then bets on either fighter are refunded.
- For betting purposes where K.O. (knockout) is posted on the board as one of the options available to wager on in boxing, K.O., T.K.O. (technical knockout) and disqualification are regarded as K.O.
MMA Betting Guide
The final bell never rings for betting on Sports Interaction, with action all year round. The most popular form of Boxing / MMA betting is moneyline pricing, giving bettors three options to choose from when placing a bet. Look at this example:
In the example above, Manny Pacquiao is the favorite, as indicated by the minus sign before his price in the first line. In this fight Pacquiao is a -909 favorite, meaning the bettor wins $100 for every $909 wagered if Pacquaio wins.
In the second line Joshua Clottey is the underdog, as indicated by the plus sign before his price. In this fight Clottey is a +450 underdog, meaning bettors win $450 for every $100 wagered if Clottey wins.
The third line is the option of a draw. This is priced at +3300, meaning bettors win $3,300 for every $100 if the fight ends in a draw.
Many fights offer betting options beyond the moneyline option and these can be found by clicking on the More Betting option on selected fights.
MMA Betting News
This afternoon, on a 4PMET conference call with over 100 journalists, Sports Interaction Brand Ambassador Georges St-Pierre, along with Donald Cerrone, Tim Kennedy, former Bellator MMA promoter Bjorn Rebney, former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez, and former UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw announced their intention to form the Mixed Martial Arts Athlete Association. Tim Kennedy […]
The post Georges St-Pierre Joins First MMA Athletes Association appeared first on Sports Interaction Blog.
Sports Interaction ambassador Georges St-Pierre is getting ready to “redefine” the MMA industry, according to a press release from O’Malley Hansen Communications. The press release gave very little detail on what that might entail, but gave the time for the scheduled conference call as 4pm EST on Wednesday, November 30th, when the announcement will be […]
The post Georges St-Pierre To Make “Industry Re-defining” Announcement appeared first on Sports Interaction Blog.
Has Mystic Mac’s magic act finally run its course? Have UFC bettors had enough of the Notorious Conor McGregor ahead of his UFC 205 main event bout with lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez? Anything is possible in the world of MMA – just ask McGregor himself. With McGregor trying to become the first fighter in UFC history […]
The post UFC 205 Bettors don’t like Conor McGregor’s Odds vs. Alvarez appeared first on Sports Interaction Blog.
There are no matching events
Try selecting another team or select an event category from the drop down list above.