MMA Betting Rules
General betting rules apply to Mixed Martial Arts betting. In addition the following rules are specific to betting on boxing and MMA.
- In the event that a Boxing / MMA match is postponed, bets have 'action' as long as the match is rescheduled to take place within 30 days of the original fight date.
- All bets on Boxing / MMA have 'action' once the bell is sounded signifying the start of the opening round.
- Where a fighter fails to answer the bell for the next round, his opponent will be deemed to have won the contest in the previous round. If for any reason a decision is awarded before the full number of rounds is completed, bets will be settled on the round in which the fight was stopped.
- Bets that nominate 'to win on points' will only be deemed winners if the full number of rounds is completed.
- In the event of a draw in a Boxing / MMA match, in match betting where the draw was available as one of the options to bet on, bets on the draw are paid as wins while bets on either fighter lose, but if a draw was not available to bet on, then bets on either fighter are refunded.
- For betting purposes where K.O. (knockout) is posted on the board as one of the options available to wager on in boxing, K.O., T.K.O. (technical knockout) and disqualification are regarded as K.O.
MMA Betting Guide
The final bell never rings for betting on Sports Interaction, with action all year round. The most popular form of Boxing / MMA betting is moneyline pricing, giving bettors three options to choose from when placing a bet. Look at this example:
In the example above, Manny Pacquiao is the favorite, as indicated by the minus sign before his price in the first line. In this fight Pacquiao is a -909 favorite, meaning the bettor wins $100 for every $909 wagered if Pacquaio wins.
In the second line Joshua Clottey is the underdog, as indicated by the plus sign before his price. In this fight Clottey is a +450 underdog, meaning bettors win $450 for every $100 wagered if Clottey wins.
The third line is the option of a draw. This is priced at +3300, meaning bettors win $3,300 for every $100 if the fight ends in a draw.
Many fights offer betting options beyond the moneyline option and these can be found by clicking on the More Betting option on selected fights.
MMA Betting News
This Saturday, UFC 204 will take place at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England, and will feature one of the most anticipated rematches in UFC history. Current UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping will be defending his title against challenger Dan Henderson, who famously dropped Bisping with a huge knockout punch at UFC 100. The co-main event […]
The post UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson Odds and Predictions appeared first on Sports Interaction Blog.
UFC 203 will be taking place this Saturday, September 10th at Quickens Loan Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. The event is headlined by a title fight between heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic and veteran fighter and former Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem. The heavyweight action will continue with Fabricio Werdum taking on late replacement Travis Browne in […]
The UFC has staged four previous cards in Germany, but Saturday will be the first time the organization will hold an event in Hamburg. It’s UFC Fight Night 93 from the Barclaycard Arena in that city and is headlined by a heavyweight bout between former champions Andrei Arlovski and Josh Barnett, with Barnett the favorite […]
MMA > Mixed Martial Arts
There are no matching events
Try selecting another team or select an event category from the drop down list above.