- NCAAB Insights
- NCAAB Rules
- NCAAB Betting Guide
General betting rules apply to all college basketball betting. In addition, the following rules are specific to betting on NCAA basketball.
- Pointspread and moneyline bets on NCAA basketball have 'action' after 35 minutes of play in college basketball games.
- For over/under bets the game must play to full time for bets to have 'action'.
- Overtime counts in the settlement of all college basketball betting on NCAA basketball games unless otherwise stated.
- All games must start on the scheduled date for bets to have 'action'.
- Winning Margin: Winning margin betting is from scratch (the start of the game).
College basketball betting is one of the most popular choices of betting for Sports Interaction players.
The main action when you bet on NCAA basketball games is in pointspread, or line, betting, where the sportsbook decides on a margin of victory for the favorite that will make either team an attractive betting proposition. Consider the example below:
|Duke Blue Devils||+15.0||-110|
|North Carolina Tarheels||-15.0||-110|
In the example, the college basketball betting spread is set at fifteen points. The +15.0 after the Duke Blue Devils means that the Blue Devils are the underdog in this game; the Blue Devils must either win, or lose by less than fifteen points, for a bet on the Blue Devils to win.
The -15.0 after the North Carolina Tar Heels means that the Tar Heels are the favorite; the Tar Heels must win by more than fifteen points for a bet on the Tar Heels to win.
If the Tar Heels win by exactly fifteen points, then the bet is said to have fallen on the spread and is deemed a push. All bets are voided and the stakes returned in this instance.
The second number, -110, after each team is the price of a winning bet on NCAA basketball. A winning bettor will win $100 for every $110 bet.
For an NCAA college basketball game to have action, the game must be played for at least 35 minutes actual play. Overtime counts if played, and there are a selection of related betting markets to add extra value, choice and excitement, such as totals, moneyline, winning margin NBA betting, and the like. For more information on how to bet on NBA basketball, please visit our Help Center from the navigation above!