The coolest game on ice comes alive at Sports Interaction! The National Hockey League is in full swing as all 30 teams sharpen their blades in the quest for the Stanley Cup. With Sports Interaction, you can play along as the likes of Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Pavel Datsyuk and Joe Thornton battle to hoist Lord Stanley's mug. There are a variety of hockey betting options available, from betting on the results of individual games to innovative prop bets. Will the rebuilt Chicago Blackhawks repeat as Stanley Cup champions? Can the Philadelphia Flyers make their way back to the Stanley Cup Finals after coming so close last season? Perhaps Ovechkin finally lead the Capitals to post-season glory - whatever you think will play out, be sure to bet on it with Sports Interaction's online sportsbook!
NHL Betting Rules
General betting rules apply to all NHL betting. In addition, the following rules are specific to betting on NHL hockey.
- Games must go at least 55 minutes of play for bets on the puckline or moneyline to have 'action'.
- The game must go to full-time (including overtime and shootouts if necessary) for over/under bets to have 'action'.
- If the game ends in overtime tied and goes to a shootout, one extra goal will be added to the winning teams regulation and overtime score for the purposes of determining all hockey bets and live betting hockey bets (including Over/under and Winning margin and Grand Salami bets), with the exception of 60 Minute betting and period betting.
- Regulation time bets are settled based on regulation time play only. The game must go at least 55 minutes of play for bets on regulation time to count. Overtime and shootout goals are not included.
- Period betting - The full period must be played for action. Overtime and shootouts do not count toward third period betting.
- Bets on any match that is postponed or abandoned before it is 'official' (55 mins) will be considered 'no action', unless the outcome of the bet has already been decided at the time of abandonment - i.e. first team to score will stand once there has been a score in the game.
- When betting on race to 3 goals, the game must go 55 minutes for action unless one team has scored at least 3 goals. In the event that one team scores at least 3 goals, all bets have action regardless of how much of the game is played.
- All bets include overtime and shootouts unless otherwise stated.
NHL Betting Guide
The National Hockey League's season runs from October until early June, when the eventual Champions of the NHL are awarded the Stanley Cup. The puckline is hockey's version of pointspread betting. Hockey betting also offers the "Grand Salami" Bet, a totals bet where players bet on the total number of goals scored on that particular day. NHL games must go 55 minutes to be considered "action." To understand puckline betting, consider the example below:
In the example above, Philadelphia is the underdog, as indicated by the plus (+) sign in the puckline. These figures mean that anyone betting on Philadelphia wins if Philadelphia either wins or doesn't lose to Toronto by more than 1.5 goals. The second number, -240, is the price - this means that if Philadelphia wins or doesn't lose by more than 1.5 goals the bettor wins $100 for every $240 wagered.
In the second line Toronto must win by more than 1.5 goals for the bet to win. In this event, the bettor wins $195 for every $100 wagered.
NHL Betting News
Puck Luck Anaheim Ducks at Chicago Blackhawks (-185, 5.5) If you’re looking for the best underdog bet on the board for Friday night, look no further. The Blackhawks are coming off consecutive losses, including a 4-3 setback at Minnesota on Thursday. Now, after flying back to Chicago, they face an Anaheim club that hasn’t played […]
Puck Luck Philadelphia Flyers at Detroit Red Wings (-130, 5) It looks as though the Red Wings will be without their entire starting No. 1 line tonight against the Flyers. Henrik Zetterberg, who leads the Wings with 30 points, is out for a couple of weeks with a back injury, Pavel Datsyuk is still recovering […]
HBO’s annual look inside two teams on the road to the Winter Classic is one of the best parts of the season for any hockey aficionado. The TV crew brings fans behind the scenes and into the lives of NHL players on a daily basis. This year HBO focuses on the Toronto Maple Leafs and […]
There are no matching events
Try selecting another team or select an event category from the drop down list above.