Super Bowl Betting
It's the biggest sports event in the world. Advertising during the game costs more per minute than some countries' GDP. And if you've won it, you'll be a legend forever. Every August, the NFL teams assemble at training and know that, in the fairest and most competitive sports league in the world, every one of them has a shot at collecting the Vince Lombardi Trophy and the MVP going to Disneyland. Football betting is the most popular bet in sports and when you bet NFL futures, you can bet on who'll win their division, their conference or the Super Bowl itself. Bet on the Super Bowl with Sports Interaction!
Super Bowl Betting Rules
General betting rules apply to all Super Bowl betting. In addition, the following rules are specific to betting on Super Bowl.
- Betting on Super Bowl games requires that games go at least 55 minutes of play for bets on the game to have 'action'.
- Super Bowl overtime periods count as part of the wagered game, if played, unless otherwise noted.
- Bets on any Super Bowl game that is postponed or abandoned before at least 55 minutes of play will be considered 'no action', unless the outcome of the bet has already been decided at the time of abandonment - i.e. 'first touchdown scorer bets' will stand once a touchdown has been scored in the game.
- NFL betting on any Super Bowl game must go 55 minutes of play for a bet on the Over/Under to be considered 'action', even if the total score in the game is already more than the over handicap offered for that event.
- A Winning Super Bowl Betting Margin: Winning margin betting is from scratch (the start of the game)
- Quarter/First Half NFL Wagers: The football quarter stated must be completed for bets to have 'action'. The 4th Quarter does not include overtime.
- Live Super Bowl Betting: Live Super Bowl betting is offered on selected games with point spread lines available and updated while the game is in running. The spread quoted is for the whole football game, including overtime, if played.
Super Bowl Betting Guide
Super Bowl is the biggest day for NFL betting for Sports Interaction players.
The main action when you bet on Super Bowl games is in pointspread, or line, betting, where the sportsbook decides on a margin of victory for the favorite that will make either team an attractive betting proposition. Consider the example below:
In the example, the NFL betting spread is set at three points. The +3.0 after the Pittsburgh Steelers means that the Steelers are the underdog in this game; the Steelers must either win, or not lose by more than three points, for a bet on the Steelers to win.
The -3.0 after the Arizona Cardinals means that the Cardinals are the favorite; the Cardinals must win by more than three points for a bet on the Cardinals to win.
If the Cardinals win by exactly three points, then the bet is said to have fallen on the spread and is deemed a push. All bets are voided and the stakes returned in this instance.
The second number, -110, after each team is the price of a winning bet on NFL football. A winning bettor will win $100 for every $110 bet.
For a football game to have action, the game must be played for at least 55 minutes actual play. Overtime counts if played, and there are a selection of related betting markets to add extra value, choice and excitement, such as totals, moneyline, winning margin Super Bowl betting, and more! For more information on how to bet on Super Bowl XLIV at Dolphin Stadium, please visit our Help Center from the navigation above!
Super Bowl Betting News
There’s only one way to deal with the trauma of no more football – start thinking about next season. Ricky Rothstein takes a very early look and contenders and pretenders for Super Bowl XLIX! Having won its first ever Super Bowl, Seattle is the ante-post favorite to win again next year and become the first […]
With another Super Bowl in the books, it’s time to look back and get to the bottom of the most important question of the evening: which commercials were the best? Here’s a list of six commercials that are sure to stick out in your memory. Coca Cola, America the Beautiful Coke commercials often succeed in […]
Check out Episode 3 of Sports Interaction’s Defying the Odds podcast to help you get ready for Super Bowl XLVIII. At first glance, Sunday’s Super Bowl XLVII at MetLife Stadium is a black-and-white affair. In one corner you have the Denver Broncos, owners of the best offence in the league led by its record-setting quarterback […]
In the event that the date and/or venue for Super Bowl XLVIII is changed due to severe weather conditions, all bets on the game and related props will be considered action and stand until the game is played.
There are presently no sports betting events available in this category.
Please check back later.