Super Bowl Betting
It's the biggest sports event in the world. Advertising during the game costs more per minute than some countries' GDP. And if you've won it, you'll be a legend forever. Every August, the NFL teams assemble at training and know that, in the fairest and most competitive sports league in the world, every one of them has a shot at collecting the Vince Lombardi Trophy and the MVP going to Disneyland. Football betting is the most popular bet in sports and when you bet NFL futures, you can bet on who'll win their division, their conference or the Super Bowl itself. Bet on the Super Bowl with Sports Interaction!
Super Bowl Betting Rules
General betting rules apply to all Super Bowl betting. In addition, the following rules are specific to betting on Super Bowl.
- Betting on Super Bowl games requires that games go at least 55 minutes of play for bets on the game to have 'action'.
- Super Bowl overtime periods count as part of the wagered game, if played, unless otherwise noted.
- Bets on any Super Bowl game that is postponed or abandoned before at least 55 minutes of play will be considered 'no action', unless the outcome of the bet has already been decided at the time of abandonment - i.e. 'first touchdown scorer bets' will stand once a touchdown has been scored in the game.
- NFL betting on any Super Bowl game must go 55 minutes of play for a bet on the Over/Under to be considered 'action', even if the total score in the game is already more than the over handicap offered for that event.
- A Winning Super Bowl Betting Margin: Winning margin betting is from scratch (the start of the game)
- Quarter/First Half NFL Wagers: The football quarter stated must be completed for bets to have 'action'. The 4th Quarter does not include overtime.
- Live Super Bowl Betting: Live Super Bowl betting is offered on selected games with point spread lines available and updated while the game is in running. The spread quoted is for the whole football game, including overtime, if played.
Super Bowl Betting Guide
Super Bowl is the biggest day for NFL betting for Sports Interaction players.
The main action when you bet on Super Bowl games is in pointspread, or line, betting, where the sportsbook decides on a margin of victory for the favorite that will make either team an attractive betting proposition. Consider the example below:
In the example, the NFL betting spread is set at three points. The +3.0 after the Pittsburgh Steelers means that the Steelers are the underdog in this game; the Steelers must either win, or not lose by more than three points, for a bet on the Steelers to win.
The -3.0 after the Arizona Cardinals means that the Cardinals are the favorite; the Cardinals must win by more than three points for a bet on the Cardinals to win.
If the Cardinals win by exactly three points, then the bet is said to have fallen on the spread and is deemed a push. All bets are voided and the stakes returned in this instance.
The second number, -110, after each team is the price of a winning bet on NFL football. A winning bettor will win $100 for every $110 bet.
For a football game to have action, the game must be played for at least 55 minutes actual play. Overtime counts if played, and there are a selection of related betting markets to add extra value, choice and excitement, such as totals, moneyline, winning margin Super Bowl betting, and more! For more information on how to bet on Super Bowl XLIV at Dolphin Stadium, please visit our Help Center from the navigation above!
Super Bowl Betting News
Tom Brady’s four-game suspension sent a shockwave through the NFL betting community. Here’s the latest. The National Football League came down hard on the New England Patriots and their Super Bowl MVP quarterback Tom Brady for their role in what’s now commonly known as Deflategate, forcing oddsmakers to adjust. Brady was suspended for the first […]
The post Patriots’ Super Bowl Odds Pulled After Tom Brady Suspension appeared first on Sports Interaction Blog.
The Seattle Seahawks may have come up short in their bid for back-to-back Super Bowl championships Sunday night against the New England Patriots, but that didn’t deter oddsmakers as they posted odds for next year’s Super Bowl. Sports Interaction opened its Super Bowl 50 odds with the Seahawks set as a +500 favorite. The Patriots […]
The post Seattle Seahawks Open as NFL Super Bowl 50 Favorites appeared first on Sports Interaction Blog.
What are the odds Trying to pin down a pointspread for Super Bowl XLIX has proven about as difficult as getting a useful quote out of Marshawn Lynch. The New England Patriots opened as a Pick ‘em against the Seattle Seahawks at Sports Interaction, but after a steady stream of Patriots action, New England moved […]
The post 2015 Super Bowl XLIX Odds, Bets, Prediction: Patriots vs. Seahawks appeared first on Sports Interaction Blog.
In the event that the date and/or venue for Super Bowl XLIX is changed due to severe weather conditions, all bets on the game and related props will be considered action and stand until the game is played.
There are presently no sports betting events available in this category.
Please check back later.